Sometimes it is nice to watch a film with your feet up and to snuggle into a blanket. If you are in the mood to watch a film that could be relatable to you. Although this is not for everyone!
So here are a list of Chronic Illness related films:
- 50/50 – Inspired by a true story, a comedy centered around a 27 year old guy who learns of his cancer diagnosis and struggle beating the disease.
- My Sister’s Keeper – Anna Fitzgerald looks to earn medical emancipation from her parents who until now have relied on their youngest child to help their leukemia-stricken daughter Kate remain alive.
- Brain On Fire -Susannah Cahalan, an up and coming journalist at the New York Post becomes plagued by voices in her head and suffers seizures. As weeks progress, Susannah quickly moves deeper into insanity. Her behaviours shift from violence to catatonia. After a series of tantrums, misdiagnosis and a lengthy hospital stay, a doctors last minute intervention enables hi to give her a diagnosis and a chance to rebuild her life.
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story – A clinically depressed teenager gets a new start after he checks himself into an adult psychiatric ward.
- Split – Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities. They must try to escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th.
- The Fault In Our Stars – Two teenage cancer patients begin a life changing journey to visit a reclusive author in Amsterdam.
- Forrest Gump – Forrest learns that Jenny is sick from an unknown virus (either HIV or Hepatitis C) which has no known cure.
- 50 First Dates -Henry Roth is a man afraid of commitment up until he meets the beautiful Lucy. They hit it off and Henry thinks he’s finally found the girl of his dreams, until he discovers she has short-term memory loss and forgets him the next day.
- The Vow – A car accident puts Paige in a coma, when she wakes up she has severe memory loss. Her husband Leo works to win her heart all over again.
- Walk The Line – A chronicle of the country music legend Johnny Cash’s life, from his early days before fame on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis whilst battling depression and drug addiction.
These are some of my personal favourites ranging from romantic, horror, music related and comedy! You can watch most of these via Netflix, NOW TV, Sky Movies or Amazon Prime (or you can buy the DVD’S for cheap!)
I’d love to know some of you recommended chronic illness related films!