It may seem a strange to blog about how to pass time when you are having a bad day, but in reality time really does go slow when you are having a bad day, for example with pain or mental health. Many of us are guilty of trying to pass the time by scrolling through social media and find that it can sometimes make you feel worse or if it’s really late and no one is online, it can make you feel quite lonely.
So how can we pass the time during these difficult times?
- Apps such as Pinterest, the Kindle App, YouTube, Sky Go and games that you like or may like to try.
- Gaming on your laptop, PC or gaming consoles (for cheaper prices on games visit cdkeys.com)
- Colouring in or diamond painting (you can get these cheap on eBay)
- Picking a new hobby such as photography or walking if able.
- Doing D.I.Y projects that are within your limits such as revamping an old mirror or old furniture.
- Visiting the beach if it isn’t a cold day! The sea air smell and sounds are so relaxing that you don’t need to walk around the beach to enjoy it, just sitting with a flask of tea or coffee watching the sea is lovely.
- Doing crafts, many people make beautiful things such as hats, scarves, sculptures and scrabble pictures.
For more ideas on what you can learn to do, visit google or Pinterest where there are so many ideas to choose from!
Please also remember that should you need to rest and sleep a few or many hours a day, do not feel guilty! I spend a lot of hours per day sleeping or napping and I always remind myself that listening to your own body is so important. On the good days, make the best of them! After a day of sleeping, I try to get my housework done and if the weather is nice then I like to go for a little walk with my pooches. Each day is very different, if not every hour so do what you can when able and try not to be hard on yourself.💕