As winter draws in, the nights are getting darker and the cold is creeping in more and more. We also find ourselves in part 2 of the pandemic with the majority of the south of the UK shielding and the days are beginning to merge into one and before you know it, you have no clue what day of the week it is and it is BORING. I’ve been shielding since the first lock down started earlier this year, with the exception of hospital appointments, shopping and getting out for the odd walk here and there, so I know how the lack of activities is beginning to get on my last nerve! Apart from working out, I can’t deny how much I love a good NETFLIX binge especially on the days where it’s too cold to go outside or I’m simply just not well enough to. Looking through NETFLIX and amazon prime, I thought I would get everyone filled in on what you can watch and watch you will be able to watch later during the last of 2020.
Some Amazon Prime films mentioned may cost so do keep on mind do avoid those if you are on a super tight budget like us, as with NETFLIX the monthly fee is as what you pay for it (we don’t pay for ours.)
- Emily In Paris : If you love a chick flick you will absolutely DIE and go to chick flick heaven with this series! A girl finds herself getting a job promotion from America, to Paris and her journey there is tough but totally heart fluttering.
- The Tiger King : I think by now we have all heard of Carole Baskin! I you haven’t watched this gob stopping documentary about a guy who wanted to live a celeb life whilst raising tigers, lions and whatever else at his animal park, you need to. It all comes to a crashing end with SO much drama.
- The Ted Bundy Tapes : If serial killers, murder documentaries and evil people is your thing, you’ll love this. Following Ted Bundy the serial killer in America of the 60’s to late 70’s before being executed in 89′, how his brain worked, his background and how he managed to deceive multiple communities before being caught.
- Sex Education : A hilarious comedy featuring a young teenager who’s mum is a sex therapist. Being a not so popular guy in school, love is tricky for him and doing the old tug of the chicken is as non excitant as his love life. He finds the girls of his dreams but will he see it through?
- The Witcher : I can’t lie, THIS is my ultimate favourite watch this year! If you love Lord of The Rings and Game of Thrones, this is right up your street. Dragons, Mages, Witches and a Witcher who tackles huge monsters.
- Stranger Things : An absolute belter of a series! Based back in to the 70s/80s genre, a group of kids and their parents/guardians tackle the most evil and biggest monster the world has never even dreamt of. Main character Eleven who can open the porthole for all unruly monsters escapes a scientists lab after being kidnapped as a child, finds herself fighting the evil monsters to save her friends, family and the world.
- The Last Kingdom : This epic series dated back in the Viking times has so much of a story line I can only sum it up as best I can! Uhtred being an outsider Saxon (a rouge tribe) seeks to make England a better place following the death of the king and doing his best to support the new one leaving his Saxon life partly behind, whilst finding his brother Ragnor and his sister – on the opposing side as Saxons.
- The End Of The Fucking World : A dry and dark comedy that sees two young teens with troubled home lives and mental issues, not popular at school, develop a friendship after murdering a podophile in his home after breaking into his home and being caught, thinking nobody was going to be there for a long period of time.. Their love story has many off and ons and during this time, they go on the run together.
- The Corpse Bride : A childhood classic! A man dreaming to make his arranged marriage just perfect, ends up married to a corpse bride!
- A Cinderella Story : An updated and new version of the classic Disney story, featuring Hilary Duff at high school, working for her evil step mum after her dad passes when she is a little girl. She texts a boy named Justin and is falling for him, but there’s a catch – he doesn’t know who she is.
- Easy A : A hilarious film featuring a young teenager in high school who somehow has it spread round she lost her virginity, instead of trying to deny it, she goes with the flow and there is a storm before the calm!
- Blades of Glory : An amazing comedy featuring Will Ferrell, known for his active roles in comedies, is a champion ice skater teams up with another after they become disqualified. They hate each others guts but it’s about to get up close and personal…
- The Innocent Man : From being charged for a murder he didn’t commit, you see how his life is turned around and he gets justice – a true story how a man is made innocent and set free.
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina : A new take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch, seeing Sabrina a normal 15 year old at high school (mortal) leading up to her 16th birthday which happens to be on Halloween – her dark baptism. She has to sign her name into the book of the beast, giving the dark lord her soul in exchange for her life as a witch and her powers. So many twists and turns happen and after refusing to sign the book, she is left with no choice at one point. Leaving her mortal life behind and starting her new life a witch and MUCH more. New season coming December 2020.
- Riverdale : Ah, the charming Archie Andrews. Living in a small community things get rocky when drugs, murders and gangs start to rival in his small town. He has a mission to stop who is leading these terrible crimes and is confronted with his lovers father. Can he stop him and save his friends, family and town?
- Shadow Hunters : A young Clarissa finds herself bumping into someone who usually can’t be seen by anyone, unless he wants them to. She soon finds out that she was born with abilities, wiped from her memory as a young child to protect her from her real father, who seeks to avenge her mother and the community that banished him.
- American Horror Story : If you love horror films, this series is perfect. Each season see’s the same actors playing different roles as each season has a different story line. (My personal favourite is Season 3 – The Asylum.)
- The Lovely Bones : Only available on Amazon Prime at £5, this chilling docufilm follows the life of a young 14 year old Suzie who is lured and killed by their neighbour. It shows her watching her friends and family in the “in-between” which is the place between Earth and Heaven. Will they get justice for Suzie? I can only say that the ending gives me great happiness.
- Knocked Up : A comedy featuring a E star employee who finds herself getting a promotion to be on the TV screen interviewing celebs, has a one night stand and ends up getting pregnant – with not the guys she initially anticipated to have a baby with.
- The Invention of Lying : Featuring comedy actor and writer Ricky Gervais, our world is full of honesty without one person ever lying. Harsh and critical honesty, turned around when he invents lying for the first time!
These are all my favourites to watch! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Leave a Reply