Lately, I have noticed that coconut oil has been used by some friends for different things. I also use it and thought it would be handy to share what you can do!
So what can you use it for?
- As an additive to your animals meal – melt and pour into rubber moulds and leave to set. This is fantastic for dogs who have very dry coats and skin.
- A hair treatment – Saturate and soak your hair for a few hours or leave over night then shampoo twice afterwards, it leaves your hair silky soft and brilliant for those natural curls
- Cooking – instead of normal oil for frying onions and cooking meats for certain dishes such as Thai or Indian curries
- To treat dry feet – lather onto your feet and then put on socks and leave over night, repairing your dry, cracked skin and leaving your skin super soft
- Moisturiser for babies – if your baby has super sensitive skin and baby oil is too harsh, coconut oil is super gentle and moisturises the babies skin
- Leaving onto split ends – put a small amount on the very ends of your hair to condition and help those split ends
Coconut oil can also be used when making natural hair and body products but not something I have ventured into! The smell is absolutely gorgeous. If you have bleached hair, I recommend you do a coconut treatment at least 1-3 months as it also a natural lightener so you get the benefit of conditioning and lightening at the same time!
You can buy Pure Raw Coconut Oil from any stores such as supermarkets like ALDI, B and M, Home Bargains and other chain stores without breaking the bank. You can also buy big jars on Amazon for £9.
What uses do you have for coconut oil that isn’t mentioned? I’d love to know!